After the announcement of the new incentives for every category of technology, Romania becomes attractive on the European map of "green" energy production
Last week ANRE announced the new prices for the “green” energy production. According to the CEO of More Green Energy, Mr. Ilias Papageorgiadis “these new prices + economic packages, in combination with Romania’s great potential in some categories of “green” energy can change the existing “unclear” status and set the basis for a dynamic development in the years to come”.
How to calculate the receivables
“Green” energy in Romania will be paid by a combination of 2 different means. The sale of energy in the country’s energy system and the sale of “green certificates”. What are these? All the factories / companies which pollute are obliged to buy a “green certificate” for every ton of CO2 emitted. They will be able to buy this “green certificate” from a special market, to which “green” energy producers will sell their certificates.
So, producing “green” energy in Romania means income by:
- The sale of energy to the system. Today this reaches an average price of 48 – 52 Euro / MW. Many experts consider that this price will increase in the near future, as the country will have to redraw from the system several energy factories with old technology, as of 2015.
- The receiving of “green certificates”. Their number varies, based on the type of energy that one produces. Today their price is around 55 Euro / certificate.
The new system of paying “green” energy in Romania may be split in the following categories:
- Estimated average annual production: 1.100 – 1250 hours (in the best locations)
- 6 «green certificates»
- Estimated total receivables: 380 Euro / MW
- Estimated average annual production: 2.700 – 3.000 hours (in the best locations)
- 2 «green certificates» until 2017. 1 from 2018 and onwards.
- Estimated total receivables: 160 Euro / MW, until 2017
- Estimated average annual production: 3.500 – 4.000 hours (in the best locations)
- 3 «green certificates» for new projects
- Estimated total receivables: 215 Euro / MW
- (There are more subcategories and difference receivables, if interested let me know)
- 2 «green certificates» for biomass, bioliquid, geothermal
- 1 «green certificate» for «green» energy obtained by processing the waste
- 1 additional «green certificate» will be given to projected categorized by ANRE as having high technology.
- 1 additional «green certificate» will be given to projects that will produce energy using energetical crops.
Attention to details and to "turn key" projects"
According to the CEO of MORE Green Energy “the new scenery is expected to attract investments for the country, but it would be wise for future investors to be cautious. It would be good to collaborate with companies which know the subject, as there are many details that need to be studied. Our company has crosschecked many projects from each category (Aeolian, photovoltaic, etc) and chose projects which already have a file, are in the right place and have technical certifications.
In collaboration with other experts we provide specialized services to the investors, including bank loans when the criteria are fulfilled.”
* In a promising market that is at the beginning, MORE Green Energy was created in 2009, as part of MORE GROUP. We act mainly in the field of brokerage, bringing in contact green energy project owners and investors. We carefully analyze all projects, trying to implement the clients’ criteria and demands. The ones that pass through this procedure are proposed to investors, as part of a package that includes access to credit facilities and other specialized services, through our collaborators.